Err : File provided for --selection does not contain any includesource directive

Nov 2, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Greetings, pardon my "newbiness". I set a simple source  backup dir in windows7 sp1  C:\scripts with sub folders.) . I set the selection.txt file as follows:

includesource=C:\scripts|alias=Scripts. (Everything else is commented out.)

When I call with the following command:

PS C:\scripts> .\7zBackup.ps1 --type full --destpath P:\BkUp7Zip --selection .\selection.txt

I get the following error:

Err : File provided for --selection does not contain any includesource directive.

Can you help me to get this great script to work?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi maxximon and welcome,

it appears you've done everything correctly. The only thing I might have a doubt about (seeing your cut'n paste) is that the "includesource" directive is not located at the beginning of the line. Every relevant directive you place in your selection.txt must begin at the beginning of the line (i.e. no spaces before the directive).

If it's not the case feel free to attach a full copy of your selection.txt to let me examine it. Are you on latest 1.8.3 release ?

Regards.

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply Anian. I am not sure how exactly my selection file was corrupted. After much troubleshooting and with your help I finally got it to work. I commented out all the code and added on top the lines of my code. LOL.!

By the way, is there a way to compress individual files in a folder instead of creating a single file? If so how do I decompress them back?

Thanks again,

max