Receiving warnings

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:33 AM
I'm receiving many warnings in my tests with 7zBackup.

The warnings are on "Clearing archive bit" step (FAILED Get-Item : <some-path-to\file>). Is there any way to save a complete log of actions? I can see warning messages in the console window but not in the log file. A verbose log of actions would help.

Maybe it is something related to different languages / codepages, or a issue with objects with read-only or system bit set?
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2016 at 9:41 AM
Hi Thxdr,
thank you for your feedback.

First things first. I am actually working on a new improved version of the script which will notify the real reason for that "FAILED Get-Item".

Anyway the problem might be related to:
  • File name written with NON ANSI code-pages (in fact it uses the native .NET method [System.IO.File]::Exists($fileFullName))
  • File has possibily disappearead (maybe another clean up tool has removed it or it was a temporary file generated and then removed by some app)
Could you provide an example of file name being involved in the error ?
Thanks.
Jun 2, 2016 at 12:09 PM
Hello, Anlan.

I can assure you that there is no clean up tool involved in my case.

Small sample of files as requested:
Clearing Archive Bit From Archived Files

FAILED Get-Item : D:\~473f\D_Pasta\Declara��o.doc
FAILED Get-Item : D:\~473f\D_Pasta\Emiss�o.doc
FAILED Get-Item : D:\~473f\D_Pasta\F�rias.doc
FAILED Get-Item : D:\~473f\D_Pasta\Relat�rio Fotogr�fico.doc
Completed in 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds
File names:
Declaração.doc
Emissão.doc
Férias.doc
Relatório Fotográfico.doc
Files from brazilian portuguese version of Windows 10 Pro. (default codepage 850 in command prompt). The same is happening when I test it on Windows 2012 R2 adjusted for brazilian portuguese language settings (codepage 850).

I hope this can help you.
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2016 at 6:52 AM
This should be fixed in new release 2.0.1
Let me know.
Jun 8, 2016 at 11:22 AM
Fixed, thank you.